|Address:||San Marco 2506|
The very large palace, positioned between the Fondamenta Barbarigo and the Rio di San Maurizio, is attributed to Vincenzo Scamozzi. In comparison to Palazzo Contarini a San Trovaso, the architectural language is at least modest. Scamozzi also designed the Villa Duodo, located at Monselice near Padova.
The two plane façade have considerable differences in dimension. In 1741, the building was severely damaged by a fire, but afterwards reconstructed. Large surfaces of old plaster are preserved on the western façade. A fresco cycle by Francesco Fontebasso from the 1740s, created contemporarily to the interior decoration of the same painter in Palazzo Minotto Barbarigo adjacent on the south, is preserved in the piano nobile.
© 1999-2007 J.-Ch. Rößler
Venice architecture - palaces