The map contains clickable elements.
Venetie MDshows, one of the first paved campi in Venice. Campo San Giovanni e Paolo is characterized not only by the huge Dominican church and Lombardi's Scuola Grande di San Marco, but also by the equestrian monument to Bartolomeo Colleoni (†1475), a mercenary leader who served the Venetian Republic. According to Colleoni's testament, the monument should have been initially erected on St. Mark's Square. That being impossible to accept for the
Serenissima, the bronze was finally installed in front of the homonymous confraternity's domicile.
Zanipoloin Venetian). In the late 19th century, the church was restored and later additions were removed. Buildings that were formerly adjacent to a southern chapel were pulled down in 1869 during the
Isolamento lato ed abside del tempio dei ss. Giovanni e Paolo ed apetura nuova via conducente al Campo dell'Ospedaletto. Also the
Calle larga Giacinto Gallina, a broad lane pointing straightly to the church, is - like the well-known
Strada Nova- a 19th century urbanistic invention. The other buildings surrounding the place, including a palazzetto of the Dandolo family, are of inferior artistic value.