|Date:||early 16th century|
|Address:||San Marco 1659|
|Current use:||private, Restaurant|
This building is one of two palaces of the Cocco family. The broad water façade has a eight-light loggia and three single windows in the piano nobile. Stone disks are partially conserved within the framing of the windows and the double water portal. Recently, the palace has been restored and re-plastered in red, but remains of old plaster, a painted "tondo", can still be found below a mezzanine window. On the right building corner, a Cocco crest can still be found. The ground floor had been converted into a cinema, and today into a restaurant. Nothing is known on interior decoration.
© 1999-2007 J.-Ch. Rößler
Venice architecture - palaces