|Date:||15th century, 16th century|
This gothic palace has its main façade towards the Rio di San Zuane Laterano. From the land side, only a rich but much restored renaissance portal with a sculptured head and the crest of Marcantonio Bragadin is visible. It gives access to a frescoed porticus. Today a garden covers the area of the ancient 15th century representation courtyard. Later, the rear façade's central loggias with pointed arches were replaced by serlianas. Another small courtyard can still be found in the left wing of the palace.
In 1824, cavalier Pietro Bigaglia acquired the palazzo from the Bragadin family. Another Bragadin palace of low artistic value is located at the nearby Ponte Pinelli.
© 1999-2007 J.-Ch. Rößler
Venice architecture - palaces