|Architect:||Baldassare Longhena (?)|
|Address:||Santa Croce 1783|
This baroque palazzo near San Staè is attributed to Longhena. Segment-arched tympans above the piano nobile's windows and the great coats of arms are remarkably rich decorations. The high piano nobile is especially accentuated. Obelisks can also be found in another work by Longhena, the Palazzo Giustinian Lolin, but were probably first used at Giangiacomo de'Grigi's Palazzo Coccina Tiepolo Papadopoli.
Frescoes from the 18th century, which are conserved in the subdivided portego, were lately restored.
© 1999-2007 J.-Ch. Rößler
Venice architecture - palaces