|Architect:||influenced by Sansovino|
|Address:||Santa Croce 1957|
|Current use:||IUAV - faculty of architecture|
A rinascimental palace on the Canal Grande, erected most probably by a disciple of Sansovino. Ceiling and wall paintings by the french painter Louis Dorigny are conserved, but are currently in bad conditions due to the use of the palace. A "Diana and Endymion" by Jacopo Guarana does still exist, but a "Apotheosis of Hercules" by the same painter is lost. In the mezzanine, now used for CAD rooms, numerous stucco works can still be found. The casinò, famous when Cecilia Tron lived there, has been destroyed in the 19th century, but parts of the garden remain. When the Tron died out in 1800, the inventory was dispersed.
rear façade and garden of Ca'Tron
© 1999-2007 J.-Ch. Rößler
Venice architecture - palaces