|Current use:||commercial, congresses|
The austere neoclassical palazzo Gambara replaces a 16th century construction, which is visible on several incisions and had been perhaps designed by Mauro Codussi. The new building was erected on a irregular building plot and is developed around a courtyard. In 1678, Francesco Mocenigo married Eleonora Gambara. Large parts of the late 18th century interior decoration, consisting of frescoes by Jacopo Guarana and Giambattista Canal, is preserved, especially in the 150 sq.m. salone.
The palace can be rented for congresses.
© 1999-2007 J.-Ch. Rößler
Venice architecture - palaces