The palace, adjacent to the church of San Marcuola, has a asymmetrical neoclassical façade structured by straps of istrian limestone. A courtyard is entirely tucked away in the massive building. Andrea Memmo, procurator of San Marco, architectural theorist and admirer of Carlo Lodoli, inhabited this palace. While they were quite rich according to the "redecima" of 1761, the Memmo got into financial trouble towards the end of the 18th century. The palace passed to the Martinengo as the dowry of one of Andrea's daughters.
In 1886, the palace passed to cav. Luigi Mandelli. After several buildings bordering Palazzo Memmo on the right had been demolished, the right wing was modified and a garden was created.
© 1999-2007 J.-Ch. Rößler
Venice architecture - palaces