The palace was restored by a disciple of Baldassare Longhena after the Doge election of Francesco Erizzo (reg. 1631-1646). The Erizzo are buried in the near church of S. Martino, where a monumental tomb of Francesco Erizzo can be found. Restorations from the 1970s have altered the courtyard. Sketches from Guardi show planned ceiling frescoes that were never executed. Nevertheless the piano nobile still has quite large parts of 18th/19th century interior decorations conserved.
detail loggia first piano nobile
© 1999-2007 J.-Ch. Rößler
Venice architecture - palaces