The baroque palazzo, built by the Surian family, which acquired the title of a Venetian patrician in 1648. has its façade on the Canale di Cannaregio. In contrast to, for example, Palazzo Da Lezze, the façade of Palazzo Surian is asymmetrical with a combination of two serlianas. This part is additionally accentuated by a flanged cornice. The very short right wing is not an original situation, and also the garden, formerly behind the palace, has disappeared. While the façade is in a rather good state, the second upper floor suffered a subdivision. No interior decoration is conserved. The ancient casinò was perhaps located in the small building on the left hand side.
© 1999-2007 J.-Ch. Rößler
Venice architecture - palaces