The palace once had a single piano nobile with attic, but was later enlarged by a second noble floor with the same austere forms. On the left, the buildings borders the Palazzo Contarini, but is set back on the Grand Canal front and has a own fondamenta. In 1750, the palace passed to the Brandolin by marriage. The rear part still has medieval substance (portal). During the 19th century partially used as a hotel. Today it is subdivided in several flats, a restaurant and a art gallery.
© 1999-2007 J.-Ch. Rößler
Venice architecture - palaces