A late gothic palazzo with four floors. Its façade is oriented towards the Rio della Misericordia. The first piano nobile has arches of fifth order, the second one has the older arches of fourth order. The left extension building is from a later epoch. In 1615, the building became property of the Papafava through marriage. Interior decoration, among which is a "Crepuscolo del Mattino" by Antonio Pellegrini with a wooden frame in the staircase, is preserved.
2005: ground floor and piano nobile are used for utterly tasteless Biennale exhibitions.
detail of the piano nobile loggia
© 1999-2007 J.-Ch. Rößler
Venice architecture - palaces