The Doge Andrea Gritti's palace is in a bad state. Only the large land gate is well conserved. Small rectangualar apertures were made above the main loggia - obviously the result of inserted additional floors. Towards the rio, there is a second building with four windows axis.
The building was acquired by the Republic in 1585 when Nicolo da Ponte was Doge and was given to pope Sixtus V. It then became residence of the Nuntius.
© 1999-2007 J.-Ch. Rößler
Venice architecture - palaces