|Date:||Zweites Jahrzehnt des 17. Jh.|
|Address:||San Marco 2893|
|Current use:||Ugo and Olga Levi Foundation|
The palace is a early work of Longhena. Its architecture is based on the traditional venetian vocabulary: two serliana arches of ionic and corinthian order in the piano nobile, colossal corner pilasaters. Scamozzi's influence on Longhena is still evident. As a engraving by Carlevarijs shows, two large crests once were to be found in the fields between the second floor windows. The rear courtyard is carefully designed as well and of high sculptural quality.
The Zustinian Lolin (or Lollin) S. Vidal belonged, according to Nani, to the "quite rich" class II of the Venetian nobility and possessed the palace still in the 19th century. It then passed to the dancer Maria Taglioni and Maria Luisa of Parma. The current owners, the Levi foundation, acquired several paintings by Jean Raoux (1677-1734), which were once commissioned by a Giustinian Lolin around 1708. They are now shown in their original place.
second piano nobile corner detail
© 1999-2007 J.-Ch. Rößler
Venice architecture - palaces