The palazzo is also called Ca' dei Cuori for to an coat of arms on the façade. Substance of the gothic predecessor can be found e.g. in the corner columns. Successively, the palace was property of the Soranzo, Zorzi and Contarini families. In 1678, the palace was restored. Neoclassical frescoes from the 19th century, lately well restored by its new owner, can still be found in the second piano nobile. Nevertheless the new window solution for the loggia has to be criticized.
The house of Teodoro Correr, founder of the museum, is on the opposite of the Grand Canal.
Prof. Loris Tosi
© 1999-2007 J.-Ch. Rößler
Venice architecture - palaces