|Address:||San Marco 3978|
|Current use:||Corte d'Appello|
A smaller example of a gothic palazzo on the Canal Grande, which was altered later. Gothic elements are only conserved on the main façade: a six-arch loggia based on the Doge's Palace in the middle and two single tracery windows on the left and right. Inbetween, the name-giving crests with sculptured sea-horses.
Towards the rio adjacent on the left, nearly all gothic elements were later replaced by round arches. Also the third floor and parts of the water floor are from a later epoch.
The interior decorations are obviously even younger. Once the mezzanine constituted the well-known casinò of the N.H. Morosini. Later, the palace passed to a branch of the Bragadin family.
A small neogothic building from 1871, the Palazzetto Tron (Memmo), is adjacent on the right.
detail of the tracery windows in the piano nobile
© 1999-2007 J.-Ch. Rößler
Venice architecture - palaces